NOTICE : FY2020 VALUES NOW AVAILABLE - SEE BELOW
About The Assessing Department
The Assessing Department is broken into two sections, the Appraisal section, and the Assessment Administration section.
The Appraisal Section is responsible for the valuation of all real and personal property in Sandwich. In accordance with State Law, updated values are certified every third year, with the review of, and approval by, the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
The Appraisal Section reviews all values on an annual basis, as well as valuing all new construction. Data quality is reviewed annually by way of a cyclical inspection program, which calls for a portion of the town to be visited for any changes. The Appraisal Section is also responsible for the review of value appeals, or abatements on property.
The Assessment Administration section is responsible for a host of daily functions within the Department, as well as providing support to the Appraisal section. Functions include processing requests for abatements and exemptions on real estate, personal property, motor vehicle excise and boat excise. The Assessment Administration section also processes all deeds and plans received from the Registry of Deeds, reviews and certifies abutters lists and answers inquires from the public.
The Board of Assessors are part-time, elected positions with three-year terms. The Assessors meet two Tuesdays a month, please check with the Town Clerk's Office or this website for exact dates.
- FY2020 Real Estate/Personal Property Abatement Form (Due 2/3/2020)
- FY2020 Preliminary Values by Location
- 2018 Sales Reviewed in Setting FY2020 Valuations
- Sandwich Assessing - FAQ
- FY2020 Preliminary Tax Bills Information Sheet (PDF)
- State Tax Form 3ABC (PDF)
- Commercial Form of List (PDF)
- Mobile-Telecomm Form of List (PDF)
- Residential Form of List (PDF)
- Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement Form and Checklist (PDF)
- Boat Excise Abatement Form 126-BE
- NRG Tax Agreement 2014 (PDF)