4th of July
- 5K Road Race
When: Monday , July 4th ** RACE BEGINS AT 8:00AM SHARP **
Where: Parking lot behind the Henry T. Wing School, 33 Water Street
Day of registration: 6:30AM to 7:45AM - July 4th
ADULT REGISTRATION FEE: $15.00 DONATION (14 yrs and up) * T-Shirt available for $15 *
YOUTH REGISTRATION FEE: $10.00 DONATION (13 yrs and under)* Runners must be 13 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult.*
RACE DAY REGISTRATION OPENS AT 6:30AM!
You may register online or the day of the race. However we HIGHLY encourage you to avoid the lines and register early!!: Preregistration closes 1PM on July 1st
- Prizes will be awarded for the 1st place overall winners in both men’s and women’s category only!
Race Route - 2022
Spirit of sandwich parade
- To Enter: Everyone (businesses, groups, organizations, antique cars, individuals, families, neighborhoods, etc.) is invited to participate in the Spirit of Sandwich parade on July 4th.
- Parade starts at 11 AM at the Henry T. Wing School, 33 Water Street.
- All who wish to enter a float, group, antique car or walking group, etc. may register online or contact the Sandwich Recreation Department at 508-888-4361 to register and receive further information.
- Judging categories for float contest: Best Overall - Most Patriotic - My Hometown - Most Creative
- Deadline to register is June 29th.
- Children may walk or ride their decorated bikes. No battery or gas powered children's vehicles are allowed.
* In the event of inclement weather, please visit our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram pages for updates or check out our website www.sandwichrecreation.com.*
* Squirting/spraying or throwing water by spectators, residents along the parade route, and parade participants is NOT ALLOWED! NO EXCEPTIONS!
The Sandwich Recreation Dept. asks for total compliance by everyone attending the July 4th festivities!
We want everyone to have fun…SAFETY FIRST!
NO WATER BALLOONS!!!
The only water allowed at the parade…… is drinking water!
Our Famous Egg Toss
- After the parade... the fun continues with our Egg Toss at 12:00 am! Join us on the Wing School fields - 33 Water Street!
Picnic in the park
- Enjoy a midday family picnic from 12:00-2:00 and listen to the music of DJ JT Chronicles! Once again meet us at the Wing School Field!!
- Play lawn games in the park such as cornhole, ladder ball, and more!
The fireman's muster
- Sponsored by the Sandwich Fire Department!
- There will be water games for everyone of all ages! Join us at the Henry T. Wing School, 33 Water Street.during the field events
Evening Band concert on the Pond
- Join the MOONLIGHTERS and come dance away the night at the Shawme Pond Bandstand behind Town Hall on Route 130 starting at 7:30 pm. This event is fun for people of all ages!
- Be sure to bring a chair, blanket and your dancing shoes! ( and bug spray!)
* This is an alcohol-free event
BOAT PARADE AT SHAWME POND
- The Boat Parade, or Boat Carnival, as it was called during the early part of the past century, is one of the Town’s oldest traditions, taking place on Shawme Pond for over 100 years. The setting, together with the imagination and creativity of the participants has made this a truly unique art form. This event is sponsored by the Town of Sandwich with contribution from private individuals.
- The boats will parade by Shawme Pond Bandstand at 9 PM on Route 130 near the Hoxie House during our concert.
- Boat parade is comprised of small boats and canoes decorate in creative ways using paper lanterns illuminated by candles. The parade has been taking place since the late 1800's. It's truly a memorable site! This is an event you won't want to miss!
- TO ENTER A BOAT: Contact Sandwich Recreation at 508-888-4361 or visit registration link: https://sandwichma.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29963
- Materials (strapping, paper lanterns , candles and twine) will be supplied. There is a maximum of 18 boats allowed in the parade.
- Stick around after the boat parade to enjoy the magnificent presentation of fireworks over Shawme Pond by Atlas Fireworks at 10 pm!
- This will be our last event of the day and wrap up our annual family friendly 4th of July celebration with our friends in the town of Sandwich!
Important beach information:
Our beaches will be open during the day for everyone to enjoy ...Please note: Town Neck Beach and Oak Crest Cove parking lot gates will be locked at 5:00 PM on Sunday July 3rd and Monday, July 4th.- for the health and safety of our patrons, residents and wildlife. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and preperation.
For more beach information please visit : https://www.sandwichmass.org/168/Beaches