Oak Crest Cove Park
The Sandwich Skate Park at the Oak Crest Cove Park is NOW OPEN.
The Sandwich Recreation Department would like to thank the New Line Skate Park construction crew along with the oversight of RAD Sports for all their hard work and dedication over the last two weeks- working day and night to address some surface issues and complete the preventative maintenance for the upcoming winter months. The park is now open!!
Oak Crest Cove Park is NOW Open!!!
This beautiful new one of a kind skate park and tennis/pickle-ball facility just opened in the beginning of June 2020.- Official Park Dedication & Opening date to be announced!
PARK HOURS: DAWN TO DUSK
The Sandwich Recreation Department’s vision of the Oak Crest Cove Park is to enhance the quality of life and nurture the health and well-being of our people, our community, and our environment by providing inter-generational recreational opportunities to the citizens of Sandwich through an exceptional, safe, accessible, well-planned and maintained park area.
The Oak Crest Cove Skate park is the newest place where you can grind, carve and tweak your tricks on Cape Cod! Located on Quaker Meetinghouse Road in Sandwich this park is destined to be one of Massachusetts top destinations for skateboards, BMX , scooter riders, and rollerbladers! This park has been designed by the very community that will be enjoying it! With the oversight of RAD Sports, the Stantec Design team and the New Line Skate Parks construction crew brought to life the skate park that the Sandwich community imaged and helped design!
This concrete facility features two unique skating bowls- a flow course bowl, ameba bowl with a 9 foot and 6 foot drop and plenty of ramps, rails , and vertical props for users of all levels! This facility will be used by both experienced and inexperienced Skateboarders, Bikers and other wheeled sports.
PLEASE NOTE :THIS PARK IS NOT SUPERVISED AND USE OF THIS FACILITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK
Oak Crest Cove Skate Park Rules
1. Helmets are required for all users ages 16 years and younger, per Massachusetts law. (M.G.L. 85 Section 11, as amended by Chapter 330 of the Acts of 2004)
2. It is strongly recommended that users wear to elbow pads and knee pads.
3. Younger or less experienced users should wear wrist supports and gloves.
4. Designated entrances and exits to skating areas should be used one at a time.
5. Only one skateboarder is permitted on a board at a time.
6. No food, beverages, tobacco products, alcohol or drugs are permitted in this facility.
7. Children 10 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
8. Do not proceed down a ramp until it is clear of other skaters.
9. No outside ramps, jumps or other equipment may be brought into park.
10. No loud music or disorderly behavior.
11. No pets allowed in park.
12. Please dispose of litter in trash cans.
13. Infractions of rules may result in loss of skating privileges.
14. Portable ramps, rails or other skate equipment cannot be used at this park.
15. Graffiti and/or property defacement is not tolerated and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. (M.G.L. 266 Section 98A
16. FOR RECREATIONAL USE / PLAY ONLY- No organized groups, games, leagues or lessons without proper permitting and permission from the Sandwich Recreation Department.
The Oak Crest Cove Park also home to two regulation sized tennis courts and six pickleball courts! Located on Quaker Meetinghouse Road in Sandwich these post tension concrete courts by Cape and Islands Tennis and Track offers our users the best surfaces in the industry !
These courts will be available by reservation only beginning Monday, June 8th. For information or to secure your time slot please call the Sandwich Recreation Department at 508-888-4361 or visit our reservation site at: https://secure.rec1.com/MA/sandwich-ma/catalog
Hours of operation are dawn to dusk
Reservations are made on a first come first served basis and must be made through the Sandwich Recreation Department at www.sandwichrec.com.
Courts are for tennis or pickle ball play only.
No wheeled sports- rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or bicycles.
Only tennis shoes allowed on the courts- please no black soled shoes.
Please wipe feet before entering courts.
No food or glass containers in the court area.
No pets allowed in the court area
No person under the age of 16 permitted without an adult.
No outside nets, structures or other equipment may be brought into or added to the courts.
No loud music or disorderly behavior.
Please dispose of litter in trash cans.
Infractions of rules may result in loss of court privileges.
Graffiti and/or property defacement is not tolerated and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. (M.G.L. 266 Section 98A)
FOR RECREATIONAL USE / PLAY ONLY- No organized groups, games, leagues or lessons without proper permitting and permission from the Sandwich Recreation Department
Reserving a Pickleball or Tennis Court at Oak Crest Cove Park
1. Go to Sandwich Rec’s Registration site: secure.rec1.com/MA/sandwich-ma/catalog
2. Click “Log In/Create Account” on upper left side of screen under “Sandwich Massachusetts” sign
3. After logging-in or creating an account, click “Facility Rentals” tab
4. Choose a court (click on any court to view court layout)
5. Scroll down to bottom of page and use the calendar to choose your reservation day and time
6. Add reservation to cart and check out (reservations are free)
If you have trouble accessing the above link, please go to sandwichmass.org/156/programs. Scroll down to bottom of page and click “New Registration Portal.” This should bring you to the same website listed above.
Please Note: Patrons may not cancel reservations- our online system does not allow for participants to cancel their own registration. Please email the Recreation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-888-4361 to cancel your reserved court time.
Reservations are for one court only and for one hour at a time. It is best to use a computer for this process. If you have trouble registering, please call the Sandwich Recreation Dept. at 508-888-4361 and we will be happy to register for you.
Oak Crest Cove Walking Trails
Come enjoy the meandering walking trails surrounding this park and that connect with beautiful hiking trails through out the Oak Crest Cove campus and connecting with Boyden Farm Conservation Area.
1 lap = 777-ft = 0.147-mile
1 mile = 6.8 laps
10 laps = 1.5 miles
For Boyden Farm Trail information visit:
COMING SOON- Sandwich Disk Golf Course!
For park questions, concerns or reservations please contact the Sandwich Recreation Department at 508-888-4361.