THE SANDWICH TOWN BEACHES ARE CURRENTLY 0PEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Beach use Guidelines - Fall 2020
- No Lifeguards on duty at this time.
- Gate Attendants are no longer charging for parking .
- There are currently NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS at any of our beaches.
- Ryder Conservation- is currently CLOSED for the season
- For non-residents looking to access Peter’s Pond by boat ; please utilize the state boat ramp located at 3 John Ewer Road, Forestdale.
- ALL beaches close at 6:00 PM
Please help us keep our beaches open and safe for all to enjoy, by acting responsibly and following the social distancing guidelines set by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
There are five saltwater and three freshwater beaches in Sandwich. Beach stickers can be purchased annually at:
Tax Collector’s Office
Town Hall Annex
145 Main Street
Sandwich, MA 02563
Stickers can also be purchased online.
2020 Fees - Town of Sandwich Resident
- First Vehicle: $35 each (all Sandwich beaches plus Sandy Neck)
- Second Vehicle: $20 each (must be registered at same address as first vehicle)
- Third Vehicle: $35 each (must be registered at same address as first vehicle)
2020 Fees - Non-Resident
- All Town of Sandwich Ocean beaches: $105 (does not include Sandy Neck)
2020 Daily & Weekly Rates to be purchased at Bay Beach Gates
- Daily Rate: $20 (excluding Sandy Neck and freshwater beaches)
- Weekly Pass: $50 (excluding Sandy Neck and freshwater beaches; can be purchased at the gates)
- Town Neck Beach/Boardwalk: Town Neck Road to Wood Avenue.
- East Sandwich Beach: Ploughed Neck Road to North Shore Boulevard.
- First Beach : Corner of Town Neck Road and Freeman Avenue
- Sandy Neck Beach (Sandwich Residents Only): This beach is located in the Town of Barnstable. Route 6A to Sandy Neck Road. Four-wheel drive permits are available through the Gatehouse at Sandy Neck Beach (508-362-8300) or through the Barnstable Department of Natural Resources (508-790-6272).
Fresh Water Beaches
PLEASE NOTE: All freshwater beaches will be RESIDENTS ONLY for 2020 season- resident sticker required
- Snake Pond Beach: Route 130 to Snake Pond Road
- Wakeby Lake/Ryder Conservation: Cotuit Road to South Sandwich Road
- Peters Pond Property/Oakcrest Cove: 34 Quaker Meetinghouse Road
Do you have questions about a town beach? Please call the Town’s Recreation Director at 508-888-4361 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org .
Do you have a question about your beach sticker? Please call the Tax Collector’s office at 508-833-8012.
Do you have a question about a Cook Fire or Beach Fire? Please call the Sandwich Fire Department at 508-888-0525 Ext 5. For more information visit http://sandwichfire.com/cook-fire-and-beach-fires/
Do you have a COVID beach complaint or concern you wish to report to the Town of Sandwich COVID Command Team? Send an email to email@example.com
Reporting a stranded marine mammal- IFAW MARINE MAMMAL STRANDING HOTLINE 508-743-9548.