The building department consists of the building, electrical, plumbing and gas inspectors along with the staff to support each of the departments’ functions. The building department serves the Town of Sandwich to ensure public safety in enforcement of all applicable building codes, regulations and by-laws; making certain that the buildings under its jurisdiction are constructed and maintained safely. The building department also serves as the administrator and enforcement office of the Protective Zoning By-Law, The Old King’s Highway Historic District Committee, the Commission on Disability, the Architectural Access Board regulations as well as other oversight as may be determined by the Town Manager.
Fee Schedule and Permit Applications
- Current Fee Schedule
- Residential Building Permit Application
- 2a Express Permit App. 5-1-2018
- 2a Express Plus Permit App 5-2019
- Commercial Building Permit Application (PDF)
- 3a Sheet Metal Permit App.
- Pool Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Stove Permit Application (PDF)
- Cell Tower Application (PDF)