Construction Barricade

Public Streets In Sandwich Maintained By Other Agencies

  • Rt 6
  • Rt 6 Ramps & Overpasses
  • Rt 6A
  • Main St (Rt 6A to Town Hall Square)
  • Rt 130 (Shawme Rd to Power Lines)
  • District 5 Maintenance: (800) 635-3590
US Army Corps Of Engineers MassCoastal Railroad
  • Railroad Crossings & Overpasses
  • MassCoastal Railroad: (508) 291-4431
Forms & Applications

Utility companies, government agencies, developers, residents, and others desiring to conduct activity within the town right of way. Anyone who plans to do work on any part of the town roadway system, its properties or right of way, must obtain a permit. Some typical examples of this work would be permanent or temporary driveway installations and related improvements, drainage work, slope work, sign installations, land development, landscaping and plantings, and the various activities of utilities in maintaining and installing lines and equipment on the right of way. Contact Sandwich Public Works for more information on what type of permit will be required.

Public Road Permit

Government agencies, developers, residents, and others desiring to conduct trenching activity on privately-owned property as defined by 520 CMR 7.00 and utility companies working on a privately-owned right of way.

Private Road Permit