FY '23 Fees
Disposal AccessTransfer Station Disposal Access is issued by the:
Tax Collector’s Office
100 Route 6A
Sandwich, MA 02563-5322
Tax Collector's Hours
Saturday - Sunday
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For Questions pertaining to Disposal Access sales, please call the Tax Collector’s Office at (508) 833-8012
Online Disposal Access Purchase
Transfer Station Disposal Access can be purchased electronically by completing an Online Transaction Form.
Residential Disposal Access
A copy of the vehicle registration indicating a Town of Sandwich address is required to obtain Disposal Access. If the vehicle is not registered in Sandwich, the person to whom the vehicle is registered must be listed on a Town of Sandwich Real Estate tax bill or listed on the town census. Transfer Station Disposal Access is issued by the Town. Any violation of Transfer Station rules may result in loss of access. Once issued, Transfer Station Disposal Access is non-refundable.
Note: The Town is not responsible for typographical errors.
- Residential, 1st Vehicle Access: $85.00
- Residential, 2nd or 3rd Vehicle Access (Vehicle registration address must match 1st vehicle address): $20.00
One-Trip Transfer Station Pass
Only Household trash in Pay-As-You-Throw trash bags & Everyday household recyclables can be disposed using a One Trip Transfer Station Pass. All other items require a Transfer Station Sticker.
- One-Trip Transfer Station Pass: $10.00
Pay-As-You-Throw BagsPay-As-You-Throw (PAYT) trash bags are required to dispose trash. PAYT bags are available at local retailers in packages of 5. Please call for availability.Note: Bag fees subject to change at any time.
Non-Routine ItemsThe following prices are per item:
- Chlorofluorocarbon/freon appliance (Air conditioner, dehumidifier, refrigerator, etc.): $20.00
- Computer (Laptop or CPU): $10.00
- Upholstered Furniture $20.00
- Unupholstered Furniture & throw rugs (Wall to wall carpet or padding not accepted): $10.00
- Any size mattress or box spring (Recyclable condition): $40.00
- Any size mattress or box spring (Non-recyclable condition): $50.00
- Empty propane tanks (Tanks larger than 20 pounds not accepted): $10.00
- Rimless tires (Passenger vehicles and light-duty trucks only, other types not accepted): $10.00
- TV or monitor (Cathode ray tube & flat panel): $20.00
- White goods (Stove, dishwashers, clothes washers & dryers, etc.): $10.00